Sunday, January 12, 2020

Three art quilts

I did a small quilt as a sampler doing fabric origami using mostly Stonehenge fabrics by Northcutt. I put a button in the center of most of them rather than sewing that down. 

This was a kit but I changed a few of the fabrics. I did the quilting with monofilament so that it would not interfere with the colors of fabric.
This quilt is titled: 1+2=Qi. It is a reference to the Chinese theory that 1 is the Tao, 2 is yin and yang or opposites, and 3 is movement between the opposites (energy). And I like dragons;) I beaded the two circular centers of the yin/yang symbol. 


1 comment:

  1. This is a great collection. I'm very glad to be having you with us in The Endeavourers and I'm looking forward to seeing your reveal quilt on February 1st :)

    ReplyDelete