At Heritage Textile guild meeting last Saturday, we made pine needle baskets - or at least began them. I finished mine last evening. It has an agate for the base that was within an acrylic envelope to protect it.
The agate set into the base really makes this basket special, and your coiling stitches are beautifully even. It's lovely to see traditional crafts like pine needle work kept alive. I've recently been using https://makeaivideo.app to turn photos of my own craft projects into short shareable clips — it puts several AI image and video models behind one simple prompt box, so it's easy even for non-techies. Hope to see more of your baskets!
The agate in the base is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteBy coincidence I was just reading about pine needle baskets today. I love this - what a lovely thing to be able to do.
ReplyDeleteThe agate set into the base really makes this basket special, and your coiling stitches are beautifully even. It's lovely to see traditional crafts like pine needle work kept alive. I've recently been using https://makeaivideo.app to turn photos of my own craft projects into short shareable clips — it puts several AI image and video models behind one simple prompt box, so it's easy even for non-techies. Hope to see more of your baskets!
ReplyDelete